My new year’s resolution was to post Friday updates on Friday – and look at this - I’m beginning the year on a high!
This week ….
- We received a revised programme from Galliford Try, which has been amended to reflect the time lost because of the weather before Christmas, and we’re still on track for a completion date in late summer.
- Over the Christmas period the valves were open. We’ve been continuously mointoring the quality of the water flowing into the canal from the reservoir, which has met with our quality checks.
- We’ve remained on standby to start the final phase of the fish rescue, which is set to take place as soon as the ice disappears from the reservoir.
Milder temperatures are forecast for the next few days so our contractors are getting ready with their nets.
We’ll do what we can to let you know when the fish capture is taking place. Unfortunately we can’t publish exact dates yet, and it might be a rush to get them onto the blog – just becuase we want to move quickly as soon as the ice thaws, but we’ll do our best. We’ll also do what we can to take some more photos – if we can – but we can’t promise! Fingers crossed!
Over the next few weeks we will start the works to the southern end of the main dam. Our immediate priorities are to replace the bridge and strengthen 9-foot pool. We’ll also be installing the culverts to the railway causeway.
We’ll also start to build the filters to the south end and reinforce the canal outlet.
More next week …
Lizzie and Neil