Work to build 60 homes, a hotel and restaurant, replacement toilets and 170 extra parking spaces on the current Friary Outer car park (opposite the university), is now well underway.
Here’s the latest update:
- The updated planning application for the 79 bedroom Premier Inn hotel will be considered by Lichfield District Council’s Planning Committee on Monday 23 July.
- The toilet block has been demolished.
- The piling, which will support the buildings, has now been finished.
- The team has started the ground works, including digging foundations.
- Services, including drainage and electrics, have been routed into the development site.
- The permanent site offices have been set up.
Upcoming works in next month:
- The team will start to dig the foundations for the six apartments on Swan Road.
- The frame for the sheltered apartments will start to appear above the hoardings soon.
- Drainage works will continue and site investigation works for the culvert upgrade will
- Ground beams will be laid and masonry ground works will begin on the main part of the site.