Congratulations on being elected to Lichfield District Council.
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome new and returning councillors to the council – we look forward to working with you all.
On this website you will find key information and links to support you in your role as a councillor.
You can also download the Welcome to Lichfield District Council information pack you received at the count.
Member Induction Day
You can download the full slide deck from the Member Induction Day here. Recordings of the sessions will be made available via the Member Intranet, and a link sent to your LDC email address before the end of May.
If you were unable to attend one of the Member Induction Sessions and would like a brief overview, please do email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key information for new councillors
There are seven important steps you need to complete to set yourself up as a councillor:
- Confirm your attendance at your preferred induction session by emailing email@example.com.
- Submit your online councillor registration form.
- Bring your completed declaration of office acceptance form to your induction session to get it witnessed.
- Bring your completed HR and payroll form to your induction session, or send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for Modern.Gov so you can see council papers in meetings.
- Don’t forget to fill in your Modern.Gov register of interests by 31 May 2023.
- Get your photo taken for your ID card.
- You may also want to add key dates to your diary including Annual Council on 23 May, Planning Committee on 5 June and Cabinet on 6 June – see our online meetings calendar for other dates.
Key information for returning councillors
There are three important steps you need to complete to set yourself up as a councillor:
- Whilst the induction session isn’t mandatory, it is great opportunity for a refresher on various pieces of key information. If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com,uk with your preferred session.
- Bring your completed declaration of office acceptance form to your induction session to get it witnessed, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time.
- Update your Modern.Gov register of interest by 31 May 2023.
We hope you find this online pack useful and informative.
Once again, welcome to Lichfield District Council. I wish you every success in your role as a councillor and we look forward to working with you.
Chief Executive of Lichfield District Council