By now you should have:
- Attended a councillor welcome session – download the slides
- Signed and had your declaration of acceptance of office form witnessed
- Submitted your online councillor registration form
- Set yourself up on ModGov (if you weren’t already) to access council papers If you need help choosing a device or support downloading the app/request the confidential app, contact Christine Lewis, Overview & Scrutiny Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org/01543 308065. You can also read our ModGov guides.
- Filled in your online ModGov register of members interests To comply with the Code of Conduct you must fill in your ModGov register of member interests within 28 days of being elected. If you have any questions, contact Christine Lewis, Overview & Scrutiny Officer – email@example.com/01543 308065.
- Received your ID badge/car park & building entry swipe card – if you asked for a new one If you have any questions about how to use the photocopiers/printers (for council business only) please contact the service desk on 01543 308300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm.
- Recieved your car park permit If you have any questions email email@example.com
Dates for your diary
More information will be sent to your council email about this soon, depending on which roles you are appointed to.
In the meantime, please jot these mandatory training sessions down in your diary.
- Planning committee training – 22 May at 6pm. All councillors must attend.
- Overview & Scrutiny training – 29 May at 6pm. All councillors must attend.
- Hitting the ground running: A session for newly elected councillors – run by the LGA – Wednesday 12 June, DeVere Venue, Birmingham, 10.30am – 3.30pm. Download the agenda.
- Understanding the financial landscape – 22 July at 6pm. All councillors must attend.
- Safeguarding and commercialisation training – 3 September at 6pm. All councillors must attend.
- Equality and diversity training – dates TBC. You must attend this session, even if you have been to one before. More information will be sent to your council email soon.
Dates for other optional training sessions, including personal safety, social media, cyber security and a workshop to give your views on the council’s new strategic plan will be emailed to your councillor email and published to our training section soon.
Welcome again – we look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of the officers listed in this pack.